I'm Not Your Babe, Fernando!



Less than a week, everyone. This is not a drill! The EsNoWriMo drill is scheduled for next week.

I've been thinking a lot about my book, and I want to share with everyone some of the things that I have come up with:
-My main character is a Canadian from Toronto named Olivia Gerrard
-She moved to London to work at a teen travel magazine (no name yet) after her messy break-up with Alejandro (you know how it is, she loved him hot like Mexico, they were young, he loved her, but she just couldn't be with him anymore!)
-A friend from home is the editor of the magazine, got her the job, and will play the Jane role in P & P
-My Darcy character (he doesn't have a first name yet), is a part of the Darcy Publications family, and amongst other duties, oversees the teen travel parent magazine
-Fernando Wickham will be a photographer and travel writer for the magazine, will be Olivia's first love interest (although he will cheat on her and break up with her for a woman named Chelsea, who is richer than Olivia)

Also, several of you are not following this blog. Get on it, you d-bags!

Comments

  1. Sounds intriguing... I might have to rewatch Pride and Prejudice (or one of its incarnations) in preparation for commenting on your novel and blog.
    Don't forget about the postmodern d-bag who insists on commenting on the elitist nature of teen travel mags... Gordon Toodie... it's your time to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting! Can't wait to celebrate the kick-off with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait, I predict the hilarity will ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not one of those d-bags you called out in your post. I follow your blog with bated breath, as you know.

    The plot sounds great. Although I'm surprised that a character named Fernando will be playing such a negative role in your novel. Your noveling is taking a dark and troubling turn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I get to be upgraded to a non d-bag along with my upgrade to bandwagon fan now that I'm following? Oh wait, the bandwagon status was revoked, wasn't it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because you are now a follower, you are now a non-dbag. You'll have to work a little harder to get your status as bandwagon fan back, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does subscribing count? I have you in my rss feeds in google reader. sigh. i can never live up to your high standards!
    I'm excited that you have so much of your plot figured out. Were you also inspired by Ugly Betty with the magazine stuff? I think it could be another great source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment