I can't believe that EsNoWriMo is upon us already! I feel less prepared than ever. I'm not too sure about what the hell is going to happen, but here's what I have so far:
My novel's working title is "Two Dolphins in the Ocean of Our Hearts", a line from the inimitable LFO song "Every Other Time." It will be based off of JT's film acting debut, "Model Behaviour." My two main characters, Penny Lane James and Eleanor "Ellie" Abbott, will switch places-- and hilarity will ensue.
After being broken up with by her boyfriend Griffin McCauley and suffering from the verbal abuse from the Toronto Maple Leafs coach Ron Tortellini, Toronto sports reporter Ellie Abbott decided to jet off to Ibiza to leave her troubles behind. Similarly, owner of a cupcake bakery in the Montreal plateau and reality television star Penny Lane James was tired of the way that her reality show was changing her life (as well as the nonstop presence of Gordon the Vampyre, the show's director), so she left unannounced for a vacation in the Mediterranean. On their last nights on the island they met at a local bar and drunkenly decided to switch places for a week. They caught their planes home before they were smart enough to realize the harebrained nature of this scheme.
I have some writing snackskies, some Starbucks frappuccinos, and a goal in mind: to complete my fifth novel.
Let's do this.
Alejandro Puyol, who will play a pivotal role in these heroines' shenanigans.
My novel's working title is "Two Dolphins in the Ocean of Our Hearts", a line from the inimitable LFO song "Every Other Time." It will be based off of JT's film acting debut, "Model Behaviour." My two main characters, Penny Lane James and Eleanor "Ellie" Abbott, will switch places-- and hilarity will ensue.
After being broken up with by her boyfriend Griffin McCauley and suffering from the verbal abuse from the Toronto Maple Leafs coach Ron Tortellini, Toronto sports reporter Ellie Abbott decided to jet off to Ibiza to leave her troubles behind. Similarly, owner of a cupcake bakery in the Montreal plateau and reality television star Penny Lane James was tired of the way that her reality show was changing her life (as well as the nonstop presence of Gordon the Vampyre, the show's director), so she left unannounced for a vacation in the Mediterranean. On their last nights on the island they met at a local bar and drunkenly decided to switch places for a week. They caught their planes home before they were smart enough to realize the harebrained nature of this scheme.
I have some writing snackskies, some Starbucks frappuccinos, and a goal in mind: to complete my fifth novel.
Let's do this.
Alejandro Puyol, who will play a pivotal role in these heroines' shenanigans.
THIS IS PURE GENIUS.
ReplyDeleteReality tv, cupcake bakery, Gordon the Vampyre, Dolphins in the Ocean of Our Hearts, switching places, etc.
You NEED to include a shameless knock-off of the classic park bench scene from Model Behavior. You know the one I'm talking about.
Why do I find Alejandro's socks so amusing? I sure hope he is wearing them when he enters your novel, with his mad curls and muscular thighs.
ReplyDeleteClearly this year's novel is the culmination of all things Esmonde. I can't wait to rip off entire pages of material.
I think I have the same socks. Perhaps a unique idea for a second look-a-like to figure into your novel? Perhaps not?
ReplyDeleteGood luck tonight! Can't wait to see the blogs in the morning.
BTW, is "Dolphin in the Ocean of Our Hearts" really a lyric?